Spring is here and summer is approaching. Biking is fun, but also can be dangerous. Over the years we have seen many tragic accidents ranging from death, brain damage, amputated legs to severe scarring.
- BE VISIBLE.
- LEAVE YOURSELF AN OUT. If something happens unexpectedly always try to have an out in mind. Don’t tailgate, assume other motorists may be distracted or may not see you. There is so much cell phone usage that other drivers simply are not as alert.
- MAKE SURE YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH YOUR BIKE. Not too big or too small.
- MAKE SURE YOUR BIKE IS IN GOOD OPERATING CONDITION. Tires, brakes, lights, etc.
- WEAR A HELMUT and other safety gear.
- BE EXTRA VIGILANT about other drivers. A dose of paranoia is not a bad thing.